continued from previous post
2. I want to do some serious freezer meal cooking. I mean I want an entire month's worth of meals in there. Healthy, filling, delicious meals! I hate "ordering a pizza" or "picking something up on the way home". Anybody want to do a freezer meal swap? We may even be able to use the church kitchen if there's enough of us. (and Michelle won't even have to use the oven lol)
3. Along the same lines... I want to continue my vegetarian diet. I have not eaten meat (except occasionally, fish) since the end of September. I feel better than ever and the whole losing weight aspect doesn't hurt either. I'm also cutting out fish because my stomach is not really handling any animal derived protein very well (TMI-I know). So I am commiting myself to learning, executing and perfecting at least two vegetarian dishes a month (one everyday fare and the other gourmet). So if anyone wants to be a taste testr, let me know...
4. Stick to my exercise plan. We just joined the YMCA in November and so far I have been really good about going at least 4-5 times a week. It helps that I signed up for Y-rewards (you get points for everytime you scan your card at the door and can use those points to "buy" all kinds of stuff...books, CD's, toys, clothes, fitness stuff) and my spin class gives away door prizes! I've been going to spin/cycle, weightlifting(upper body sculpting), Zumba, and Yoga. I also use the ellipticals and the weight machines when i'm not signed up for a class. I really want to keep this up. I think it's finally time to lose the baby weight, seeing as how Colin's 4 yrs old!
5. Finances- Finish off our emergency fund/savings and get started on retirement /college planning. We're getting there!
6. Use each month to develop or break a habit. They say it takes about 30 days to form/break a habit so i'm going to use this year to change a dozen of mine. My thinking is that there are so many things I want to change about myself that it's discouraging to try all at once. I think I can manage, focusing on one at a time. First up, flossing! I know, I know! I am so bad about flossing. I really hate the friction caused by a piece of string between my teeth (it's like nails on a chalkboard to me). But i'm going to work through it and get in the habit of doing it daily!
Other habits I want to develop or break:
-taking my makeup off before going to sleep
-putting on lotion everyday
-not biting my nails
-making the bed when I get up in the morning
-folding laundry out of the dryer instead of letting it pile up into a discouragingly, monstrous heap in the basket
I'm sure i'll think of more, I'll get back to you.
Oh, yeah! Stop procrastinating on big projects!
Monday, December 15, 2008
New Year's Resolutions/Goals Pt 2
Posted by Erika at 9:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
hey girl! I love your blog! I love how you pimped it out! Great New Yr's resolutions! Between you and Becca- I AM INSPIRED!!!!
Post a Comment