Monday, December 15, 2008

New Years Resolutions/Goals part 1

Okay so I've never really made a New Year's Resolution before (mainly because I know I won't stick to them) but I think I will this year. I've already got some momentum going on some of these so I think I can do it!

1. I want to run/walk at least one 5K race a month. I ran the Frosty 5k at the beggining of December and really surprised myself! I signed up for the Zoo Run Run on January 24th and have a plan for the rest of the year:

Feb14th- Predators Fangtastic 5K/High Heel Race (Sommet Center)
Mar 28th- Running to Beat the Blues (Centennial Park)
Apr 25th- Country Music Half Marathon (Still not too sure about this one, if I do it, I think i'll walk)
May 25th- Memorial Day Dash 5K (Greer Stadium)
June13th- Ellie's Run for Africa (Percy Warner Park)
July- TBD
Aug-TBD
Sept 26th- Shelby Bottoms Boogie 5K (Shelby Bottoms Park)
Oct 3rd- Soles4Souls 5K (Second Harvest Food Bank)
Nov-TBD
Dec-TBD

At the very least I will have supported some worthy causes and amassed an impressive collection of commemorative shirts! I know there are a few people who are interested in doing some of these races with me but it would be awesome if I could get together a "race team". It would be so motivating. Let me know if you're interested!

0 comments: